Sunday, July 30, 2006

Catch Up Time

Ok, just so everyone knows, I am alive, well and safe back in Longview. The move from Corpus was long, weary, and oh by the way...long. It took nearly 8 hours to get back (only because I ran out of steam, and we had to stop a couple of times, thats life). So now its back to life in the woods. So what have I been doing you ask? Here is what I've been doing.

I had a friend in Longview named Brooke. I knew her before I moved to Corpus,
but we hadn't thought of each other as nothing more than friends. When it became apparent that I was moving back to Longview, we put the cards on the table about our feelings, and felt it would be nice to try a date. We did, and it was a blast. We went to eat at a Tex-mex restraunt, and then putt-putting (she hated the little song and dance I had for going to play putt-putt. I think it was the coreography). Brooke told me that she could not play putt-putt, and I took this picture right after she made a hole in one on the first hole.

Brooke is gorgeous, no? I think so. Even though she snookered me into her putt-putt skills. When it was all said and done though, I won. My golf skills kicked in, but she kept it extremely close. It was a blast.

So, this week is 'find a job' week. I'll check out the market, see what is out there....there has to be something out there. Who knows, I should find a super duper job. That and I am sure I'll get to spend some more time with Brooke.

Told ya, I've been busy. I'll keep all y'all informed on all I do, because I know y'all miss me as much as I miss y'all.
Yeah, we're friends. But, you know, it's the type of friendship where if you're in trouble, I probably won't be there for you. Just like I wouldn't expect you to be there for me. It's a more honest friendship. It's not this like phony thing. It's a genuine friendship. I can't trust you. You can't trust me. I'm not gonna take a bullet for you. I'm not gonna jump on a grenade for you. I'm gonna...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I would take a bullet for you...like in the arm or in the leg...maybe a flesh wound...but still I would take a bullet for you.

Of course it could be a self inflicted wound if I was shooting your g-pa's sawed off shotgun...aw..good memories.

Cute girl...good luck with the job...by the way...she doesn't look like any of the other crazy Brookes we know. Thank God!

Peace out friend

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I changed the name to the asylum. It fit better with my ring name. The Crazy One.

Well, I already have bruised ribs. If you come up to visit I will bring you along.

Anonymous said...

Dude. Nick went on a date with a girl?

Woah.

Does anyone else feel like thier brain fell out of the back of their head?