Friday, August 04, 2006

Oh the Good Ol Times

I finally think I'm getting close to being settled in. My room is starting to look like a room, and I have my home theater set up (man, you gotta love it when you can crank it!). I find myself missing my friends in Corpus on some nights, especially on Fridays, because I know they're going to the movies without me. Well, that is how life goes it. I shouldn't complain. I am now where God wants me to be, and by me crying would basically mean I was throwing a fit over what He wants me to do. So I can't do that. Life in the pineywoods is still nice, but I don't think the temperature or humidity is any different. Plus, I find myself in a very awesome situation as well.


What is this situation you ask? Simply put, I have found someone who lights up my smile every time she is around, or even when I just think about her. Brooke and I have really enjoyed each others company, and we also look to grow closer to God before we move closer to each other. Thats how it should be done. Right now, I can't think of any nicer suprise in moving back here, than to being able to date such a wonderful person. Simply amazing.

On to other news, it has been brought to my attention that my close friend Joe and myself will be comming up on our 10 year anniversary. I never thought about how long we had been friends, and I guess I had been taking that for granted that he and I have been close for so long (even though he moved off to Oklahoma, and now Virginia). This is a guy who was there for me in the akward years in highschool, and all the bad dates both he and I went on. There was even a point where we were conisdered a couple by both our familys because we spent so much time together. Ah, those great disfunctional years of highschool. What was fun back in the day were the PPV wrestling nights, charging $5 a head, and serving cheap pizza from Cici's. Not sure we ever turned a profit, but we had a blast watching grown men beat the crap out of each other. We also found ourselves in trouble with the establishment, causing all kinds of trouble. We even brought his brother into our deviant activities. While trying to pick up one of our other highschool chums, we apperently were being a tad bit too loud, and the neighbor across the street starting threatening to call the cops on us. We quickly tried to leave the scene, but not before Joe's little brother gave the neighbor a crotchchop, and quickly lead to us pulling him into the car as we sped off (man, talk about the good ol times...). I'm intent to try and build to another 20 years. It will be fun.

Jane, since I've met you I've noticed things that I never knew were there before; birds singing, dew glistening on a newly formed leaf, stoplights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what...we should try and plan a trip every year to meet somewhere for a weekend or a week.