Sunday, May 14, 2006

Atleast It Wasn't 40 Years In The Wilderness

So here I am, sitting at my computer at 6 in the morning. I've been up since five, and disturbingly hungry. So I pile up in my truck (according to quite a few people, I'm becoming rotund), and drive to Whataburger. It is nice that a Whataburger is right around the corner (helps rotund people like me). So what do you see at five in the morning? This here:
Yeah, a full moon. Good thing that I'm not a werewolf. Yep. So, I know my faithful following is wondering why I have not posted in quite a while. Well, I will repay your faithfulness to tell ya why. I've been busy finishing earning this:
Woohie! That's right boys and girls, I got me a college degree! It has taken 7 years, a lot of classes, even more late nights writing term papers that I waited until the last minute to write (sorry mom, but sadly it's true), and then the final 3 hours at the American Bank Center, waiting to complete the graduation ceremony. I can't complain though. This part of the journey is complete. I feel relieved, and saddened at the same time. I'm now ready for my next step in life. God is in charge of that one, so I faithfully wait for my orders. I'm a happy graduate, see?
Yep, I'm happy. Can't you see it in my eyes? I was blessed that my family came down safely to see me walk across the stage to complete this stage of life. It is a huge step. A continuation of my maturation. Again, I feel relieved. I was also blessed that a couple of my close friends took time out of their busy day to come see me finish college as well. That ment the world to me. I was a little upset that some others who I call friends found other reasons not to be there or just didn't show(they can't claim they didn't know, because I've been yelling about how I'm finished with college). That is life though, people make their choices, and I still consider them as friends, but it still hurts just a little. I'll get over it. I'm a gamer.

So, what do I plan to do now that I'm a college graduate? Go to Longview for about a week, and spend more time with my family. Yipee (that is until I found out that my parents, 2 of the 5 reasons I'm going home for are going to Florida to go play golf next Saturday, thanks mom and dad, you could have taken me to Florida with you for my graduation present. Oh yeah, its mothers day, so happy mothers day I guess mom, you still could have taken me to florida). I will still go, I miss my grandparents, and they couldn't make it to Corpus due to health reasons, so I will visit them (and then there is the golfcourse, and I won't hold out on it either). *yawn* seven hours to drive, yet it only takes seven hours get to God's country. Life is great. The current journey is over, and a new one is about to begin. Don't tell me we're about to go over a huge waterfall? Yep. Sharp rocks at the bottom? Most likely. Bring it on....BOOYAHAHA!
But you know what I've learned in my seven years here at Coolidge... Timmy? I've learned that you can't treat every situation as a life-and-death matter because you'll die a lot of times. Write that down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!