Saturday, February 11, 2006

My Name is Spontaneity

Can you believe it? I did something extremely spontaneous. How you ask? Simple, I jumped into a car with two of my bestest buds here in Corpus Christi, and rode 3 hours to good ol' H-town (Sugarland to be exact, but H-town none the less). It was my first true spontaneous trip EVER! It was very exhilarating. No one knew that I had booked out of town, (unfortunately, neither did my new roommate who I forgot was supposed to move in today, and boy I got me some explaining to do). It was a fun adventure, and I hope to do that again some time soon.

Ok, so here's how it went down. Jakob had a mom of one of his old youth group members back in H-town invite him up to see the last performance of her play, and insisted that he make the trip. So, he enlisted the company of JK, and myself. I had 30 minutes to prepare to be ready to leave. So we hit the road, and neither Jakob or JK will tell me the play that we're going to see, well atleast not for the first hour. Then, they lay it on me, we're going to be seeing 'Cabaret'. Yes, 'Cabaret'. This is the very play that is quite the anti-Semitic satire of 1930's Berlin. Nazi's, constant comments about Jews, and of course, scantily clad, promiscuous burlesque dancers. It was quite good. Actually, the show was really good. I liked it alot, and makes me wish that I could get back into acting, or that Corpus would have an acting troupe that did performances we could watch (I want to be in a production of 'The Producers', and be Elizabeth the Director).

After the play, Jakob, JK, and myself joined the entire prepschool cast at IHOP for dinner (all you can eat pancakes, I thought I died and went to heaven). It is very odd to hang out with people that are almost a decade younger than you. I felt extremely old, and antiquated. Geez. They made fun of me because I knew nothing of this spongebob, or the new eras of power rangers (that and I talked of some show called 'Fraggle Rock').
I just couldn't get past that culture shock. They were extremely nice kids though. We stayed in H-town for the night, and then drove back to CC this afternoon.

I loved this spontaneity, the company, the sights, sounds and everything else that went along with it. I could not have asked for more (well, maybe a girlfriend I could have taken along as well, but eh, I'm not going to be picky). Just wish I would have taken my camera. That makes me sad.
Mokey Fraggle: It was rapturous!
Red Fraggle: Is "rapturous" the same as "boring"?
Wembly Fraggle: I don't think so.
Red Fraggle: Then she's wrong.

No comments: