Sunday, March 05, 2006

Insert Thoughts Here

Well, it is officially March 6th, and a certain someone is turning 30 on this day. Not going to mention their name, just want to wish them a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (if all the stuff done to their office wasn't enough). But enough talk about this joyous occasion, there will be more stories later, when we torment this over-the-hiller later.

We had the first half of the Christ/No Christ debate, and I was the prosecution attacking Christianity. Extremely odd feeling, especially since the side I was defending (against Christ) is a side that I am totally against. God used me, spoke through me, addressing topics that many non-believers take, gave me some insight on how to talk to them, knowing the basis of their argument. My speech was eloquent, powerful and full of force. I kinda felt like a dictator, slamming the podium, getting fired up, and just letting loose. Jakob impressed me with his indepth knowledge and lack of notes to use. Great stuff. Of course, he got the good part, made it easy for him (well, I'm trying to make it hard, so that he has to work for it, but still, easy). Truly blessed to have such a great friend (he's the coolest thing since the invention of sliced bread). We finish our debate next week, and Jakob gets to present his case, and I get to muddy the water with my incessant rebuttals. I hope I lose.

After church, we went to eat at beamers....Good food (I brought a pizza from home). While there, I saw someone from my past that I kinda never hoped to see again. Funny thing is, she walked right past me, didn't say a word. I'm talking 5 feet. I know, I know, I could have said something back as well, but its the principle. I should have drop kicked her in the head (that would have made me feel better). I'm thankful that JK was there and she rode with me (she's really awesome and hot so that made me look awesome, but we all know I was better lookin than the guy Doris was with). Maybe some day JK will accept my invitation to go out with me, but she's too great a friend, and I really enjoy where we stand with one another (even though I give her constant grief about it). Of course, if you think I find Jakob the coolest thing since sliced bread, JK is as awesome as witnessing a supernova from half a mile away. Just awesome. I'm truly blessed to have her in my life as well...all of my friends are great (this point would be even more sappy if I could put really sad music to play as I say this, but I can't, but just try to imagine it).

Mom, Dad, I'm broke, send money! (if you'd like to of course, I don't have a problem eating the opossums I catch in my yard, really). Oh yeah, today is the day this movie comes out. The third film by Guy Ritchie.



There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists, until it's too late to do anything about it. It's the only reason you get up in the morning. The only reason you suffer the blood, the sweat and the tears. This is because you want people to know how good, attractive, generous, funny, wild and clever you really are. Fear or revere me, but please, think I'm special. We share an addiction. We're approval junkies. We're all in it for the slap on the back and the gold watch. The hip-hip-hoo-stinkin' rah. Look at the clever boy with the badge, polishing his trophy. Shine on you crazy diamond, because we're just monkeys wrapped in suits, begging for the approval of others.

No comments: